Friday, October 7, 2011

The trip of your life

Dear students and readers of this blog,

I know it may be a bit cruel to speak about trips and travelling when we're more or less just back from our summer holidays and also back to work. But this time is also appropriate to go back over the pictures we have taken of that trip we enjoyed so much, to live it again. So...

Have you ever made a trip that you remember with special fondness? Is there a photo album you like revising more often than others you have, because it brings you back the memories of that place you enjoyed so much? Wouldn't it be fun to share our travelling experiences, see where we have been, with whom, the anecdotes we lived? Let's do it!!


We have prepared a big world map that will be on one of the corridors of the school, for us to post our photos of our favourite trips, and share with the rest of the students of the Official Language School of Plasencia out travelling experiences, so choose a picture, put it on a piece of paper, and write under it where was the picture taken and when, who you went with, and why you chose that picture, or what was it that made that trip special and worth remembering. Here is mine:


Where: Turf Tavern. Oxford, UK.
When: August 2009
Who with: In the picture I'm with my friends María, Rocío, Bea and Rosa.


Why is this trip worth remembering for you: I went to Oxford to take a teacher course on methodology of English teaching. I went on my own, although I knew I'd find María, one of my best friends and work colleague at that time, already there. We were both in different schools. In mine, Lake School, I met Rocío, from Málaga, also an EOI teacher like me. Meanwhile, María met Bea, a teacher from Santander, and Rosa, also a teacher, from Alicante. And as it couldn't be otherwise, we all met and got along beautifully from the beginning. So we would do everything together: going shopping, going for a pint (or two) of beer with fish & chips, or travelling around. We went to Warwick, Stratford-on-Avon, and Bath. And we had a whale of a time, we had soooo much fun together. Apart from that, a few days before starting the course in Oxford, I had been to Brighton with a cousin of mine, to Salisbury with my nephew, who was taking an English course at the time too and to Hereford to visit my dear friend Gemma. After finishing in Oxford, I went to Edinburgh and visited towns such as St. Andrews or Stirling, and lived Edinburgh at its best, with the Fringe Festival and all. 24 intense days total.


I learnt new things, got to know a bit more of an incredibly beautiful country that I love visiting, and made friends I still keep in touch with. It was truly unforgettable.


Now, you have to make yours!!!! The writing doesn't have to be so long, of course, especially if you are in the Basic Level. Just go to where your photo albums are, flick through them, choose a picture of one that is worth sharing, and do something similar to what I have just showed you. Don't forget to bring it to class next week!!!


As for the rest of you, readers and followers of the blog who are not students of mine now, please feel free to share with us your most wonderful trip ever. Even if you cannot post a photo, we'll read you descriptions with interest!!

1 comment:

May said...

A beutiful photo!