Friday, June 26, 2015

Thank you, Plasencia!!! I'll really miss you!!!

Dear students & readers of this blog,

This course has finally come to an end. The exams are done, the results are published, the revisions have been made...and now, it is time for a well-deserved rest.

As you know, it is also time for me to move on again. As Tom Hanks said in Forrest Gump, "Mama always said 'Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get'". And life now takes me to another school in another region, a beautiful historical town called Aranjuez, in Madrid.


It seems yesterday when I arrived in Plasencia, and it's been no less than four years that I've been living in the "Pearl of the Jerte Valley". Four years that are full of wonderful memories, of great colleagues, of lots of hard work and, why not mention it, lots of stress. But especially, I would like to mention my students, people that have shown me the value of motivation, and that have encouraged me to keep on improving as a teacher. People who, in spite of their busy lives, have found time to come to the school twice a week, and to dedicate some of their free time at home to study. People who have given me priceless moments of pure and simple fun.

To all of you, students, colleagues and friends, who have contributed to my feeling at home here, A BIG THANK YOU. I will miss you all, and I hope that you don't forget me too soon.

This blog will continue to work, with the old resources and some new. So of course, this will always be your home. Same as Extremadura will always be mine, no matter where I am.

I wish you all the best for the future, especially in September. This blog...will be our meeting point!


HAVE A VERY HAPPY SUMMER!!

No comments: