Saturday, February 5, 2011

1º NB (A1) - Physical descriptions

Dear students and readers of this blog,


How do we describe a person in English? What do we have to ask? What vocabulary do we need to know?


When we want to ask for someone's description, we ask:




What is he/she like?

What does he look like?




Here you will find some of the handouts we used, as well as links to some websites where you can find vocabulary lists with pictures. Remember that, for character description, we have used the Chinese Horoscope (see previous post). Here you will find only physical description vocabulary.




Click here for the class handout.

Click here for a basic vocabulary list with pictures.



Now, why don't you practise?





Please click on COMMENTS to write the description of a person you know well: a member of your family or a good friend.

9 comments:

Anchama said...

Hello Leticia.
This is my description.
My best friend is Araceli. She's medium height and average build. She's 38 years old. She's good looking.
She's got medium length and orange hair. She's got big and brown eyes. She doesn`t wear glasses.
My friend is outgoing, generous and funny. I love her a lot.
Anchama= Angélica

Leticia said...

Thank you, Angélica! Good job!

Just one tiny little thing: "good-looking". Don't forget the hyphen (-)

Carlos said...

Hi Leticia! I like very much your blog!!
This is the description of my friend Luis. He's 23. He's tall and fat. He's got short dark hair. He's got brown eyes. He's got a plain face. He's good-looking. He's paeceful, honest and funny.
I see you next Monday!!

Leticia said...

Thank you very much, Carlos!!! I'm glad you like it!!

Just one tiny little thing:

- I like YOUR BLOG VERY MUCH.

Good job!

Leticia said...

Ana Paula said:

My sister´s name is Elena Belen. She is about 17 years old. She is tall and slim. She has long, straight, black hair and big, beautiful eyes.

Thanks, Ana Paula!

Unknown said...

Hi Leticia!
How are you?;)
My description is about my mother.Her name is Manoli.She´s 48 years old.She´s thin and pretty.She´s 1.60 metres tall.She´s got brown eyes.Her hair is long and blonde.
She usually wears jeans,t-shirts and modern clothes.
She´s generous,kind,patient and fiendly.I love her very much!;)

See you tomorrow!
Vanessa

Unknown said...

Hi Leticia.

This is the decription of my friend Marta. She's 39. She's average height and overweight. She has medium length and blond hair. She has green eyes. She has round face. She's attractive and pretty woman. She's happy, friendly and aoutgoing.

See you soon!

Leticia said...

Thanks, Lola!
Just a couple of things:

- She has medium-length, blond hair.
- She has A round face.
- She's attractive and pretty.
- Outgoing.

Leticia said...

Great job, Vanessa!!