Friday, January 21, 2011

Who said you couldn't do it? Listen again to Shirley and David Firth on how their son, Colin, became a star

We are daring, we are not afraid of challenges. So we like to try doing new things in class, and explore the enormous potential of the Internet in our English class. And, I assure you, the BBC website is a wonderfully endless source for real-life audio files.
I have already told you about The King's Speech, a film about an episode in the life of King George VI of England. And as you know, the actor that was cast as the king and father of Queen Elizabeth was one of Britain's most famous actors in and out of the UK: Colin Firth, who has won a Golden Globe for his outstanding performance.
And Colin Firth has two very proud parents, Shirley and David Firth, who, in a radio programme, explain how it all began.
If you want to listen to the interview, click on the photo.
Please click here to see an listening comprehension exercise on this audio. Includes key.
Have fun over the weekend!

2 comments:

marysol said...

At home is easier to listen it.
I´ve finally seen the movie. I loved it

Leticia said...

Hi Marysol,

I'm glad you liked the film. I enjoyed it very much, and I wish the cast and crew (especially Colin Firth) the best of luck.

Just one thing: "at home IT is easier to listen TO it"